Sunday, September 22, 2013

Feeling Blessed

I've been wearing my "blessed" mudlove band any chance I get. (Admittedly, that isn't as much as I would like because I don't like to wear bracelets to school, but still...)

I was slow to jump on the fad of getting mudlove bracelets. I don't really like being like everyone else. But I've slowly grown my collection to 4 bands. My first was "abundant life". About nine months later, I got my second one saying "beloved" because that's how God refers to me, the bride of Christ. My next bracelet was to benefit The Grace College Chapter of the Council for Exceptional Children - "Micah 6:8" which says 'What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.' 

I happened to win a free mudlove band, and chose one with "blessed" written on it to remind me to count my blessings and to help remind others of the choice to be thankful for what God has provided. 


I've had a lot of things going against me recently with some challenges at work. But still... The feeling of being "blessed" has been there. 
I'm blessed by our school secretary who has "adopted" me into part of her family. You know how much someone considers you part of the family when they serve you leftovers :) She has been a huge help and an encourager. 
I'm blessed by one of the other teachers in the school who has also helped me out at school with some of the issues and has welcomed me when I've visited the church she attends. 
I'm blessed by someone I met at church one week who gave me a map of the city and showed me some good trails to walk/bike on. 

I had a birthday this week. The simple gestures of getting cupcakes for my students to enjoy, taking me out for a DQ blizzard, taking me out for breakfast (my favorite meal of the day), making 
me a birthday cake... They all reminded me how much I am cared for. Living in a new town where I don't really know anyone can be lonely, but these simple gifts were a great reminder of how I am treasured and blessed by those around me. 

I feel so blessed by all of you, my friends and my family, and by God... Thank you for your encouragement. Thanks for helping me laugh. 

Blessed, definitely blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment